Friday, July 24, 2009

Waiting...

The good news is today is my due date. The bad news is that Finn is nowhere in sight! I went to the doctor today and I am only a fingertip dialated and not having any real progression. I was hoping to have my membranes stripped to help jumpstart things, but I wasn't dialated enough for her to do that. Luckily, Finn is doing great. He is still measuring on schedule, his heartrate was good, and my blood pressure was good. So now we just sit back and wait.

Unfortunately, this is the forecast of the next week in Seattle. Above 90 is unheard of around here and above 90 for five days in a row.....we might as well be living in hell! I have a feeling the waiting is going to get very uncomfortable. Tuesday looks like a good day to have a baby and spend a couple days in the air conditioned hospital. Cross your fingers.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Hurry up Finn! We're anxious to meet you.

kathikinsella said...

Just remember, we're all in Hell with you-standing by and ready and waiting. You have so much supppot. Love, Auntie and Uncle