Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Baby Shower #2

The women in my family lack the ability to throw a simple party. We always go over the top and the baby shower my sister threw me last weekend was no exception.

Me and my sister, Rachel



First, there were the handmade invitations:

Then, the surprise of having my two best friends from California come up for the weekend. I had NO idea, which is pretty impressive since even my husband knew and he can't keep a secret to save his life. Prior to the shower, I was suppose to meet my mom for a pedicure. Instead, LeAnn and Shelley were waiting for me at the nail salon.

I love this picture. At this point, I had no idea they were sitting there and LeAnn's face cracks me up.

LeAnn, me, and Shelley


Next, the monkeys! A note: if you tell people the "theme" of your nursery you will receive ever possible gift that follows that theme. Our nursery is going to be monkeys. Our son now owns every outfit known to man with a monkey on it. He has also started a large collection of stuffed monkeys. And of course, the shower was monkey themed.






Lastly, the presents. Holy heck, there were a lot of presents. My friends and family were incredible generous and we received many, many great items.


But my favorite gift was this toybox that my sister made. I told you, the women in my family have a tendency to be over the top.


No comments: