Monday, June 1, 2009

Blogging-Take Two

So clearly, I suck at blogging. But I'm going to give it another try.

Two days prior to my last post (in November....I told you, I suck!), I found out I was knocked up. Woot! Sean and I are beyond excited to welcome our little one into the world sometime around July 24th.

The beginning of my pregnancy was THE SUCK! I had horrible morning (all day) sickness and was puking all the time. I started taking meds for the nausea at 8 weeks. These helped with the puking, but didn't do much for the nausea. I spent the next 20ish weeks with varying degrees of nausea. I am still on meds at 32 weeks, but am finally enjoying pregnancy a bit more (just in time for the neverending heartburn, swollen feet, and inability to bend over part of my pregnancy!).

At 20 weeks, we had our big ultrasound and found out we are having a BOY! If I had a scanner, I'd scan the picture to prove it to you, but I'll save my son years of therapy by not posting his penis on the Internet. To be honest, I wanted a girl and it took me about 30 seconds to process when the tech said it was a boy. Amazing how quickly you get used to the idea. I am so excited to have a little boy in the family. I have lots and lots of girl cousins, but boys are a rare breed in my family.

So that's where I've been for the past 6 months. I have a feeling this blog is going to take a decidedly baby turn, but I'll try to keep it entertaining.

No comments: